IO Workshop – Mélong Ling DBA Camp IO herein “Camp IO” expects our staff to treat each child herein “Camp Participant” with respect, patience, and in a positive caring attitude. The Discipline Procedures will be followed when Camp Participants misbehave or break camp rules. We reserve the right to bypass one or more steps in the process if, a situation warrants. Please review the rules with the Camp Participant(s) and make sure they are understood. We believe that you as a parent/guardian will appreciate knowing of any problem the Camp Participant may experience. Camp IO reserves the right to suspend or expel any Camp Participant from the program who poses serious continual discipline problems, whether or not all of the steps in our Discipline Procedure have been completed. See below our camp General Rules:
Please review the General Rules with your Camp Participant(s) before the first day of camp.
- Treat other Camp Participants, staff, and the facility with respect, inside and outside
- Use inside voices
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Do not take items that do not belong to you
- Sit appropriately on chairs or the floor, not on tables or other furniture
- Inappropriate language or negative talk is not tolerated
- No fighting, teasing, or bullying is tolerated from any Camp Participant
- Quiet down quickly when counselors use the 123, clapping or soft whistle signal
- Camp Participants must never leave the room or area where the activity is without a staff escort
- Camp Participants must follow the rules for building and outdoor safety
- Good sportsmanship and teamwork are expected
- Camp Participants must follow directions given by staff members
Disrespect of staff or Camp Participants, inappropriate behavior, and breaking General Rules.
- 1st Offense – Verbal warning regarding the offense, followed by a note in file
- 2nd Offense – Loss of morning or afternoon program activities, notification of parents
- 3rd Offense – Written Incident Report to parent/guardian
- 4th Offense – Termination from entire camp program or session (one week). This will be up to the Site Director’s discretion. No refunds will be given.
Endangering another person’s safety, well-being, swearing or verbal abuse of staff or Camp Participants, stealing or destruction of property, general disregard for Camp IO staff, program and regulations. If we need to remove the Camp Participant from the program immediately, the parent will be notified.
- 1st Offense – Written Incident Report to parent/guardian regarding the offense
- 2nd Offense – Removal from program activities. The Camp Participant will be with the Site Director, and parent/guardian will be notified to pick-up child.
- 3rd Offense – Termination from entire camp program or session (one week). This will be up to the Site Director’s discretion. No refunds will be given.
- Immediate dismissal from the program can occur at any time, given severe circumstances. No refunds will be granted to parents for missed days of camp due to Camp Participants being dismissed for disciplinary issues.
I have informed the Site Director of any limitations to my child’s participation and agree to abide by Camp IO’s sole judgment as to whether my child can be accommodated in the camp program. I understand that failing to disclose any physical, emotional, behavioral needs or conditions may result in the child’s dismissal from the program without refund. I understand that my child must follow the stated Behavior Policy and General Rules and that Camp IO reserves the right, in its sole judgment, to dismiss without refund any child whose behavior interferes with the rights, safety and well-being of staff and other Camp Participants or consistently disrupts group dynamics or activities.
Waiver of Liability
I, hereby agree to the following:
- That my child is participating in hands-on science and yoga classes offered by Camp IO, during which he/she will receive information and instruction about yoga, health, and fitness. I recognize that yoga may require some physical exertion, which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved. My child has permission from his/her physician to participate in this camp.
- I represent and warrant that my child(ren) is/are physically fit and has no medical condition which would prevent his/her full participation in the camp.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in the camp, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which my child(ren) might incur as a result of participating in the program.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the camp, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Camp IO, its owners, and camp teacher/facilitator/sponsor, for any injury or damages that my child(ren) may sustain as a result of participating.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives, forever release, waive, discharge and covenant negligence or other acts.
- I understand that reductions in payment are not to be made based upon whether or not my child(ren) was/were in attendance on certain days unless agreed upon in advance. I understand that my child is to faithfully comply with all the rules of the program and that Camp IO reserves the right to terminate any participation at any time for inappropriate behavior and that no refund will be issued.
As a parent and/or guardian, I do hereby authorize the treatment by a qualified and licensed medical doctor of the following minor in the event of a medical emergency which, in the opinion of the attending physician, may endanger his or her life, cause disfigurement, physical impairment, or undue discomfort, if delayed. This authority is granted only after reasonable effort has been made to reach me. I am willing to take full medical insurance responsibilities for my child(ren) and to release Camp IO from this liability.
All payments are non-refundable. You will receive credit, based on the amount paid. Credits may be applied toward classes, camp, workshops, gatherings, and events. Credits do not expire. All receipts for Camp IO will be provided after camp has ended.